Monday, August 30, 2010

The Beauty of Displaying Beauty




I've realized there is a definite, fine art to choosing and displaying items. From filling (but not over filling) an empty shelf... to arranging flowers... to choosing which magazines to fan (or not fan) on a coffee table, when you get it just right, you know it. Ever since I was young, I always have had a special appreciation for beautiful displays of beautiful things. I used to re-configure my collection of horse figurines over and over again, trying to give them each their own space to shine but at the same time, compliment each other. This is part of the reason why I think I became a graphic designer and a huge part of why I love Trove.

I suppose this is why I have always liked the online shop, Three Potato Four. I frequent their site to see what different items they have hand-chosen and given a new life to, and now, they have opened a store, which opened today! They have nailed it when it comes to picking the right items and putting them together in a complimentary way. Congrats Janet and Stu- such an amazing space they created, filled with interesting things!

No comments:

Post a Comment